Intercessor for Uganda is an interdenominational network of members of the Body of Christ in the nation of Uganda. The ministry is affiliated to Intercessors for Africa and it was begun in the Idi Amin era out of desperation to see God’s intervention in the affairs of the nation.
The vision of Intercessors for Uganda is to see the Kingdom of God established in the nation: its land, peoples and its institutions.
Our mission is to mobilize prayer and intercession for the nation and its leaders, train and develop believers for effective and strategic intercession and spiritual warfare, equip believers to express the Kingdom of God in the market place, raise servant leaders for public life and to serve as a prophetic voice to the nation.
- We are a Christian, non-denominational and non-partisan ministry
- We affirm the finality of the bible concerning matters of doctrine and practice
- (2 Timothy 3:16, Mark 13:31)
- We affirm the centrality of prayer in establishing the Kingdom of God in the earth
- (Psalm 2:8, Matthew 6:10, Psalm 72:15)
- We are an organization based on a volunteer heart (Psalm 110:3)
- We are a charitable organization; the income and property of the ministry wherever derived are to be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the ministry.