Intercessors for Uganda is primarily a praying ministry. Right from its inception in the 1970s, it began as informal meetings of prayer and has now evolved into a major movement with many activities under its auspice. The thread that runs through all the ministry’s activities is prayer.
Based on the Messianic Psalms 2 and 110, the ministry has engaged and continues to engage the Body of Christ and leaders in Uganda, the continent of Africa and the globe to raise and empower a company of willing volunteers to ask for the nation(s).
- To mobilize and train the Body of Christ in prayer, intercession and spiritual warfare through the Prayer School
- To organise regular times of prayer in order to raise and realize prayer capital
- To scan communal, national, regional, continental and global events through spiritual research tools and propound them into prayer points and burden for members to articulate
- To network with other like-minded ministries and organizations for the purposes of realizing continuous prayer for specific and collective prayer initiatives
- To undertake onsite prayer action