Program will consist of interactive learning, problem solving, peer to peer mentoring, personal reading, plenary sessions and application of principles to practical leadership situations. The course will focus on both the heart and art of leadership with a biblical basis as written in Psalm 78:72. Ã¢â‚¬Å“So he (David) shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, and guided them by the skillfulness of his handsÃ¢â‚¬Â
Participants will come together for a face to face meeting with facilitators for two hours once a week during the twenty two week period. In addition there will be course work. Participants will be divided into cohort learning groups which they will keep for the duration of the course. Participants will have opportunity to apply what they are learning to their current leadership roles as well as complete some written assignments.
Participants will be expected to:
- Attend and participate in the weekly face to face sessions. A register of attendance will be kept.
- Complete assignments: both the individual study and written assignments
- Actively participate in the cohort learning group.
- Participants who miss sessions will be required to purchase and watch the DVD recordings of the missed session and also to carry out the given assignment.
- The expected primary outcomes for each participant will be:
- A thorough understanding of servanthood in the biblical and historic context.
- A personal assessment and appropriation of the foundational principles of servanthood.
- A comprehensive application to your present and future leadership careers.